Volunteer Coordinator Wanted - Apply today!
Purpose: The Volunteer Coordinator’s primary goal is to build and maintain a strong volunteer base in order to increase Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity’s capacity to serve more families. Responsibilities will include identifying qualified volunteers for a new home repair program in addition to our ongoing work of building new homes. The coordinator will be an important member of the Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity (PVHH) team, working closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Resource Development, the board and various volunteer committees and community partners.
Time Commitment: Part time (20hrs/week), Flexible hours required including a few weekends and evenings.
Pay: Hourly non-exempt position. $18/hour. Some paid time off, no health insurance or other benefits.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director
· Two years professional experience working for a non-profit or other community organization or equivalent
· Ability to work with diverse partners and demonstrate patience and flexibility
· Superior organizational skills and excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
· Energetic, creative and focused
· Comfortable with public speaking and making cold calls
· Self-starter with ability to work both independently and with other staff, volunteers and community partners
· Proficient computer use of programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook, and experience with databases
· Ability to learn new computer programs such as eTapestry, Dropbox, VolunteerUP, etc.
· Ability to speak a second language a plus (Spanish, other)
· Experience working in a related field preferred – volunteer coordination, housing, etc.
· Experience with e-mail marketing, social media, and websites also a plus
· Recruit, train, support, oversee and recognize volunteers
· Identify volunteer roles that benefit both Habitat and participants – office, event, construction and more
· Creatively engage non-traditional volunteers (women, youth, communities of color, etc.) and plan activities that will make them an important part of the Habitat community
· Actively engage with committees and share information throughout the organization
· Maintain records on volunteers and develop systems for quickly reaching the right volunteer for the right job
· Track and report on volunteer activities
· Enthusiastically embrace and share the mission and vision of Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity
· Make sure PVHH is well represented at community networking events and volunteer recruitment opportunities
· Collaborate on planning and executing external communications such as newsletters, e-blasts and press releases
· Provide support for PVHH events – registration, recruitment and public relations
Pioneer Valley Habitat for Humanity’s goal is to make home ownership possible for low-income families in Hampshire and Franklin counties. Through the donation of money, land, expertise, and labor, we commit ourselves to build safe, decent, affordable homes in partnership with families in need. We are affiliated with Habitat for Humanity International.
And of course, we always need volunteers! Check out our Volunteers Needed page for more information.